This is a new course at a venue I have used before. (Cockington Court – Torbay)
Teaching and Learning Outside the Classroom
This course is designed for school and curriculum leaders, and teachers keen to promote outdoor teaching and learning in their school.
It will give them tools and ideas to return to school to lead initiatives with their own class and to improve the learning experience for children across the school.
The value of outdoor teaching and learning is increasingly backed by research and promoted by OFSTED and much appreciated by parents (including prospective parents) and children.
By the end of the day participants will have
- A better understanding of the value and benefits of outdoor learning, shared their own practice and made new contacts with like-minded people
- Ideas that work (Maths, Science, Literacy)
- Experienced lesson planning in a workshop setting
- Considered ways to effectively influence colleagues
- Will leave with a straightforward, manageable plan to present to school leaders
Participants will also have had an opportunity to
- Review current practice
- Consider the place and effectiveness of residential experience
- Looked briefly at issues of risk management
- Look at innovative ways to use P.E. premium funding for all age groups
N.B. As you might expect, unless the weather is bad, parts of the day will be spent outside and in the woods!